Kortman is dedicated to developing and maintaining the finest workforce of skilled electricians and technicians available. Labor management successfully shapes our workforce through aggressive recruitment, exceptional training, and a regular employee review process. These efforts assist our team in delivering maximum performance and satisfaction.
Labor management provides a qualified and motivated workforce through:
- Providing oversight and direction to a formal apprenticeship program that increases electrical knowledge on the way to earning Journeyman status.
- On-the-job training to monitor, supplement, and reinforce skills.
- Education for Leadmen and Foremen to provide consistency in the application of on-the-job training and opportunity.
- Additional educational opportunities for employees to grow and remain current regarding changing codes, technology, safety, and methodology.
We are also committed to providing our clients a professional workforce through:
- Monitoring the attitude and attendance of field personnel.
- Close evaluation of new hires.
- Requiring drug-free and safety-conscious field crews.
- Providing uniformed team members equipped with proper tools.
- Maintaining zero-tolerance harassment and discrimination policy.
- Employment of individuals with legal U.S. work authorization.
- A focus on long-term employment, through competitive pay, incredible benefits, and a family/work balance.