Let’s Build Something Together!
Our goal is to field the best team of people possible. Employees are recruited and evaluated based on three key elements:
- Attitude – An open-minded “can do” mindset is invaluable. Positive energetic individuals with a drive to achieve are prized. Employees are expected to work as part of a team and to perform reflecting the company’s mission and values.
- Attendance – Reliable on-time presence is crucial for success. The schedule of today’s projects is tighter than ever and we need to count on our people to be there consistently.
- Ability – Electricians, Data and Firealarm Technicians from green beginner to seasoned tradesperson, are valued on their technical ability, efficiency, experience, and knowledge. We recognize excellence in the ability to learn and improve at any level.
Kortman is a great place to work!
- Competitive wages with direct deposit
- Health Benefits including medical (with available 24-hour tele-doc service), vision, and dental insurance
- $20,000 Life/AD&D at no charge
- Supplemental Insurance choices (Critical Illness, Cancer, Hospital Confinement, Accident, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Identity Theft, Legal)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Corporate Chaplain / Employee Assistance Program – for employee and household
- Paid Time Off program (Vacation and sick time pool)
- Paid Holidays at time of hire
- Educational training opportunities
- Profit Sharing Program
- Uniforms & Hard Hat / Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) package provided
*Details provided by Human Resources at time of new-hire orientation.
Kortman strives to provide a positive work environment.
Some of our ideas include:
- Focus on Safety – The company desires all employees to return home to their families in the same condition they left. The Safety Department regularly reviews the job-site conditions, equipment, and work practices. They perform the necessary follow-up, repairs, and training as needed.
- Drugs Don’t Work – We are committed to having and maintaining a drug-free workplace for the safety and health of employees and all those that come in contact with our worksite, products, and services.
- Equipment and Materials – Our employees have the proper tools and materials to perform their jobs. Through effective material and asset management, prefabrication and preventative maintenance, the frustration of performing tasks without the necessary items are eliminated.
- Management Team – Our leaders are continually trained, organized professionals.
- Zero Tolerance – Each member of our team is assured of a workplace free of harassment and discrimination.
- Promotion from within – Through education and experience, our employees are encouraged to grow within the organization. Most of our foremen have risen through the ranks. Many of the management staff members are long-term, ex-field employees.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE OBTAINED AND COMPLETED AT THE MAIN OFFICE WEEKDAYS FROM 8AM – 4 PM:
If you would like further information via email, contact our labor management department:
In filling vacancies, Kortman Electric gives preferences as follows: 1) Current Employees; 2) Past employees with proven safety, attendance and work records; 3) Applicants recommended by current employees and or supervisors; 4) Applicants recommended by a fellow member of a professional organization; 5) Applicants with work experience in the market area where the vacancy exists; 6) Unknowns
All applicants will be required to complete an employment application form. Applicants may be screened and their references contacted before being considered for employment. Items and topics, which may be reviewed during the screening process include the application form, education and work experience, prior work history, references, applicants ability to lawfully work in the United States and drivers license. All applicants who have received conditional offers of employment with the company will be required to undergo drug testing as a condition of employment.
Completion of an employment application and any other company documents do not constitute a contract of employment and that if hired; the company may terminate my employment at any time. Policies and benefits mentioned are governed by the current Kortman Electric, Inc. Employee Handbook and are subject to revision with or without notice.